Cooked radicchio simple and fast or elaborate and pretentious: recipes for every need and palate. How to cook radicchio like a true master chef!
Cooked radicchio, quick and easy recipe:radicchio in a pan
Pan-fried radicchio is a quick and easy recipe to prepare. Between preparation of the radicchio and cooking times, about 8 minutes will go away! Here are the ingredients to prepare the radicchio in a pan:
- 1 radicchio
- 1 sweet onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper as needed
How to prepare the radicchio in a pan:
- Remove the outer and damaged leaves of the radicchio.
- Place the radicchio on the cutting board and cut it in half.
- Eliminate the torso.
- Cut the radicchio again until you get many strips.
- Fry the onions in a large pan.
- When the onion is golden, drop the radicchio.
- Cook for 5 minutes, turning with a wooden spoon.
- Add salt and pepper.
Theradicchio in a panit can be used as a side dish for many courses or form the basis of many recipes. You can use radicchio in a pan to prepare radicchio risotto or tasty spaghetti.
Cooked radicchio:radicchio and potato omelette
With theradicchio in a panyou can prepare an omelette with potatoes, this time, however, in the pan you must also add the tuber cut into thin slices. For a more dietary version, you can cook the omelette without oil, in a non-stick pan. Similarly, you can scald the radicchio in boiling water and cook the potatoes in a pan with a little water, spices and without oil. Here are the ingredients for the classic recipe:
- 1 head of radicchio
- 2 large potatoes
- salt and pepper as required
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 4 eggs
- 60 gr. of grated Parmesan
- 50 gr of Asiago-type diced cheese
Here's how to prepare the radicchio and potato omelette:
- Clean the radicchio and cut it as seen in the previous recipe.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them finely.
- Heat the oil and add the potatoes, cook for a few minutes and add the radicchio. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add salt, pepper, grated cheese and flour (two level spoons).
- Add the beaten egg to the pan containing radicchio and potatoes. Add the diced cheese.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side.
- Place the omelette on a sheet of absorbent paper.
Cooked radicchio:rustic with radicchio, speck and brie
- two heads of radicchio cooked in a pan as seen in the first recipe
- A disc of shortcrust pastry
- 200 g. of speck
- 200 g. of cheese type Brie
- 6 walnuts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper as required
Here's how to prepare this rustic radicchio cake:
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry disc in a mold with a low edge, preferably with a zipper or silicone, so you can do without buttering the bottom.
- Prick the surface of the pastry.
- Spread the slices of speck neatly and evenly.
- Distribute the radicchio cooked in a pan, level it over the speck.
- Add the shelled and chopped walnuts.
- Top with a layer of sliced Brie cheese.
- Fold the edges of the shortcrust pastry disc.
- Place in the oven and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for about ten minutes before serving.
Cook the radicchio: the same recipe can be used for miniature quiches, as shown in the photo above.
Which radicchio to use forcooking?
Among the most famous radicchio for sweetness and taste, we recommend the Treviso radicchio and the variegated chicory from Chioggiaeasy to grow in the home garden. If you intend to prepare the recipe for risotto with radicchio, we remind you that the traditional Venetian recipe involves the use of IGP, DOC and DOP products such as the Treviso red radicchio, Asiago DOC, Sauvignon DOC white wine and red onion. of Tropea IGP. For the radicchio rice recipes:
- How to make Venetian risotto,
The original recipe for risotto with radicchio.
- Risotto with red radicchio
A popular variation of Venetian risotto, ingredients include celery, carrots, nuts and various cheeses.